System / Technical Requirements
What type of computer and browser do I need to access on-line courses?
To complete the on-line training, you must use a computer with the following minimum system requirements:
Supported Operating Systems
- PC with Microsoft Windows NT, 98, Me, 2000, XP or Vista
- Mac OS 9.x or higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or higher
- Apple Safari 3.0 or higher
- Minimum 800 x 600 screen resolution
- Minimum 16 bit color
- Graphics and sound card (with speakers or headphones)
- Broadband Internet access (DSL, Cable Modem, Satellite, T1, etc.)
Free Plug-In Software
Most computers already have the necessary software installed to view the on-line courses and resources. These include Macromedia Flash Player and Adobe Reader, which are both free of charge. The training courses will automatically detect whether you have the correct Flash Player installed, and will guide you through installing it if you donít. If you have trouble opening resources or training certificates, visit the Adobe Reader link below to install the most recent version.